Monday, April 20, 2009

Great Deal: Jim Runs, You Pay, Fight Cancer










A message from Monona resident Jim Keck. This is a great deal. You give money to fight cancer and Jim will run a freaking marathon!

Dear Friends,

On May 24, I will be participating as an American Cancer Society Charity Runner in the annual Mad City Marathon. I am writing to ask you to help me meet my goal of raising over $1,000 for the American Cancer Society. This will be my sixth marathon and my second that supports the efforts of the American Cancer Society. I am running this year to honor the memory two people: Pat Patterson, a good friend from high school who died of cancer almost three years ago, and Marge McConnell, my step-grandmother who died of cancer at the end of 2008. In addition, I am raising funds to thank the American Cancer Society for their support of basic research efforts in my lab for the past four years thorough a Research Scholar Award. Through their support of families going through cancer treatment and of basic and applied research that are producing novel cancer cures, the American Cancer Society provides an essential resource for all of us. I hope that you can contribute to this worthy organization.
Your tax-deductible donation is easy to make. To donate by credit card, you can go to my secure personal American Cancer Society website at the bottom of this email. Alternatively, you can send me a check made out to "American Cancer Society" with my name noted in the memo line.

My address is 1411 Joyce Rd, Monona, WI 53716. Note that many employers match employee contributions to the American Cancer Society if you use a company matching gift form.I hope that you can help out with a contribution, and with some positive thoughts for miles 20-26.2!
Sincerely, Jim Keck

No comments:

Post a Comment