Sunday, February 08, 2009

Stupid Dog!



The saying about not appreciating something until we lose is cliche. Cliche, yes, but true as one of my dogs decided to remind this morning. While removing Christmas decorations from the ice and snow in my front yard I decided to let the Three Amigos out with me - something I very rarely do.


After a few minutes they began to wander around the cul de sac. All was fine until I noticed I could only see Sully, our English Springer Spaniel (American Kennel Club - English Springer Spaniel), and at about the same time heard a menacing dog bark followed by a sharp squeal. Then silence.



I quickly put Sully inside and called for Pumba, the dog-in-charge, and our pug, Boxer (American Kennel Club - Pug). More silence. Continuing silence. No barking, no jingling dog tags, nothing. Bad images flash through the brain. Feeling a frisson of panic, I began a quick search. A moment later Pumba came lumbering up the driveway, but no Boxer in tow. Those two are usually inseparable, rather like Laurel and Hardy (Laurel and Hardy - The Official Website). Fighting down full fledged panic, I strode up the street loudly calling his name.



And around the corner of the Gonzalez' house he comes - peeing on every bush in sight. Home again. The little effer.




2 comments:

  1. Yep, I enjoyed the great outdoors this weekend-as well. This got me thinking about the summer and how enjoyable Monona is on the weekend except when Willow Island is blasting. Do you think that we will have any relief from that this summer?-thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! I post a fluff piece and you ask a real question.

    The bigger noise problem was Iron Man. The city of Madison seemed interested in making changes to reduce the volume.

    Willow Island is the county's thing. They end earlier and are not usually as loud. Our county super Robin Schmidt is very familiar with this issue and could respond better than me.

    ReplyDelete