Friday, July 18, 2008

Monona Starbucks Survives the Cut

Starbucks (Starbucks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) released their list of some 600 store closures nationwide. Happily, the list does not include the Monona store.

Addendum and Correction: Contrary to my earlier post, Starbucks is closing six Wisconsin stores. The list I linked to on Starbucks web site did not list all the closures. The correct link is posted below. Here are the Wisconsin closures: Fox River Mall in Appleton, Oakwood Mall in Eau Claire, 1422 S. Losey Blvd. in La Crosse; Findlay Plaza in Madison, 1710 Central Ave. in Marshfield and 1951 8th St. in Wisconsin Rapids.

Full List of U.S. Store Closureshttp://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/USStoreClosureInfo.pdf.

Personally, I prefer Caribou Coffee or Mother Fool's Coffeehouse. And I haven't been to the Crema Cafe (next to Thai Garden) yet.

And then there is this intrepid crusader who urges us to 'Stand up against the spread of global capitalism' : I Hate Starbucks

This guy is an example of why I sometimes think that being passionate is over-rated!

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmm, I like the Java Cat.
    The place is jumping.

    A green guy who like Starbucks?

    cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I forgot Java Cat.

    I don't really *like* Starbucks, although I'm certainly glad that their store in Monona isn't closing. The 'I hate starbucks' guy should find something more meanignful to obsess about, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cafe Crema has GREAT food. Check it out. And before anyone knocks Starbucks, remember they have very good health benefits.

    ReplyDelete